Daniel Lapp and the LukeFest HouseBand
LukeFest will an amazing night of music that celebrates and highlights local talent.
To deliver our vision and to highlight the capabilities of the Chwyl Family School of Contemporary Music, we knew we had to have a core of solid local musicians who could present an exploration of musical styles and still stay true to the concept of the song and songwriter - and keep that the centre of the story.
Meet the LukeFest HouseBand
Daniel Lapp, Artistic Director, Chwyl Family School of Contemporary Music: Fiddle, trumpet
- Devon Venoit, Party on High Street: Drums, percussion
- Peter Ransford, Nine Volt Whiskey: Sax, guitar, flute
- Marty Schoeps, Everybody Left, keyboard
- Kady Savard, SexWeather and the LegUp Program; vocals
- Ollie Happyness, so called because he is happy: Downtown Mischief, The Shire Folk: bass and complete oneness with the universe.
- George Anstey, Scimitar: guitar
- Stephanie Monty, Astonomy and stand up bass.
We have gathered a powerhouse lineup of local musicians and professionals. Our musical mentors on the LukeFest squad are Bill Henderson of Chilliwack, Mike Demers of The Lonely, Kathryn Calder and Indio Saravanja. Learn more about the LukeFest musical mentors.
Also taking the stage is local jazz musician, Jimi James Fraser, performing his original composition "Rue St. Jacques" and the first two Luke's Gift recipients and Chwyl School students, Michael Wilford and Charles James Appleton will be performing. Joining them on stage is Chwyl School of Contemporary Music student and vocalist Hanna Seinen.
Making it all Happen
Thanks to our logistics and production team: Caroline Spence of SpacePort Union, Kady Savard, Spencer Kring and Holland Kerr.
Click on the images below for the slide show or...wait 4 seconds...